Digital Library @ RGUHS
The Digital Library initiative at RGUHS is first of its kind in the country in promoting e-learning culture and e-readiness preparedness for accessing huge amount of scholarly international Medical e-journals and e-books. With the State-of-the-art infrastructures, RGUHS developed the Digital Library and information centre for identifying, procuring, storing, processing, disseminating the Scholarly information resources in the field of Health Sciences by minimizing the cost of recurring expenditure in the libraries of affiliated colleges and conceptualized the Health Science Library and Information Network HELINET for seamless access to world class Health Science Literature and Information resources, round the clock to the students, teachers and researchers in all the affiliated colleges of RGUHS. In the year 2003, HELINET consortium has been established by the Digital Library to provide core international e-journals, e-books and databases to all the colleges. The major benefit of this consortium was expanded access to core international e-journals. The Digital Library and Information Centre of RGUHS provides access to more than 7000+ online Bibliographic Database of PG dissertations, 6500 Digitized UG & PG courses, Previous Years Examination Question Papers.
- Guaranteed, round the clock, access to global and local health information resources for the students and faculty of affiliated colleges of the University.
- Expand, maintain and operate the RGUHS Digital Library as the shared digital library for all faculty, students, and staff of the medical colleges of the University.
- Develop the Digital Library as a state-of-the-art Health Science Information Centre with networking infrastructure and information resource.
- Remote access to global and local health science information
- Provide collaborative leadership in selecting, designing, building, managing, and preserving high-quality digital content.
- Provide collaborative leadership for innovation in identifying and implementing on-line tools and services for sharing, accessing, manipulating, and integrating scholarly content in all forms and across collections.
- Provide collaborative leadership in developing education programs that focus on understanding patron needs, analyzing digital resource use and usefulness, and creating strategies to enhance information use.
- Promote change in scholarly communication in a networked environment through collaborative leadership, education and innovative experimentation.
- Maintain and enhance a public information program that articulates RGUHS Digital Library directions, goals, and activities for a variety of audiences.