Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
Statutes relating to Board of Studies
2 CONSTITUTION AND FUNCTIONS OF BOARD OF STUDIES:
1. The Board of Studies shall be constituted by the Syndicate for a period of three years.
2. The Members of the Board of Studies shall not exceed fifteen exclusive of atleast two external members in each Board, External means member who is not a teacher working in the University or its affiliated colleges.
3. The Chairman & Members of the Board of Studies will be selected by the Syndicate from among the teachers in the University.
4. Arrangement during absence of the permanent Chairman, when the Chairman of the Board is absent, one of the members of the Board will act as Chairman with the Vice-Chancellor approval.
5. Power to co-opt members: The Board of Studies shall have the right to co-opt whenever necessary experts or specialists in any particular subject to act as members of the said Board for the purpose of considering any particular subject with prior approval of the Vice-Chancellor.
The Members co-opted shall not exceed two at any time. Each co-option shall be by a resolution passed at meeting of the BOS provided that, in case of urgency, the resolution may be passed by circulation amongst the members of the Board of Studies.
3 POWER AND FUNCTIONS OF BOARD OF STUDIES:
1. The Boards of Studies shall recommend the detailed courses of study and curriculum or the different levels of studies in the respective subject and shall advise on all matters relating there to referred to them by the Syndicate or the Academic Council or the Faculty or the Dean of the Faculty or the Dean of the Faculty concerned.
2. A Board of Studies may bring to the notice of the Academic Council or the Syndicate matters connected with the examinations in its subjects and address them on any matters relating to improvement in the courses of study therein.
3. The Board of Studies shall have power:
i) To prepare syllabus for several courses of study.
ii) To prepare scheme of examinations.
iii) To prepare panels of names of persons suitable for appointment of paper-setters / examiners / valuers.
iv) To prepare panel of experts and specialists for being appointed as members of the Boards of appointments.
v) To advice the University authorities on such matters as may be referred to them.
Provided that in the panels prepared in exercise of the powers under Section (iv) & (v) above, the Board of Studies shall include persons from outside the Health University.
4 QUORUM: One third of the members of the Board of Studies shall form a quorum for its meetings.
5 JOINT MEETINGS: Whenever it is deemed necessary it shall be competent for the Vice-Chancellor to convene Joint Meetings of two or more Board of Studies and the Vice-Chancellor shall appoint the Chairman for any such meeting.
6. Opinion by Circulations: The Vice-Chancellor may in urgent cases, obtain the opinion of the Board of Studies by circulations of any proposal among the members in urgent cases. Such opinion together with the action taken thereon shall be communicated to all the members.